Saturday, April 23, 2011

Grandma Larson's Tuna Salad

Last night Matt and I whipped up some of my Grandma's delicious tuna salad.  It's an easy recipe that we both enjoy.  I got the recipe from my Aunt Lauri at my Bridal Shower last June.  The "theme" was "bring a recipe."  So, I received a collection of recipes and a recipe book to keep them in - see my post from a few months ago. http://emilyeverydayeats.blogspot.com/2011/02/recipe-books.html

And this one from the shower is one of our favorites - plus I remember having it at picnics at my Grandparents' in the summertime...good memories.

Grandma Larson's Tuna Noodle Salad
1 box medium shells
6 cans of tuna, drained
4-5 stalks of celery, diced
1 small onion, finely minced
1-2 cups real mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the noodles according to package directions.  Meanwhile drain the tuna.  When noodles are done, drain, and cool.  Stir in tuna.  I like to add salt and pepper to taste here.  Add celery and onions.  Mix well.  Add mayo and more salt and pepper to taste.  Refrigerate.  May need to add more mayo after refrigeration.
Easy!
We love to eat the salad with a little Salad Supreme topper, a few pickles, and toasted garlic, cheese bread.  Plain is also wonderful :)


Thank you very much Aunt Lauri for sharing Grandma's recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment