Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Taco Pizza

Almost everybody has had taco pizza some where - at least everybody who likes tacos and likes pizza. :)
The following recipe is, again, from my friend Kelli.  She made it for me while I was visiting and I've been craving to make my own every since.

There are several variations, this is just one.  Keep in mind you can add any taco ingredients you like.

Taco Pizza
1 pre-baked round pizza crust, or Pillsbury roll-out pizza crust, or bake your own (I use pre-baked because it's A LOT easier!)  at least a 12 inch diameter, but bigger is better
1 can refried beans
1 cup salsa
1 lb ground beef, prepared with taco seasoning
1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
Crushed tortilla chips
Optional: Chopped onion, chopped green pepper, sliced olives, guacamole, additional salsa or sour cream

If you're using a pre-baked crust, simply begin layering your pizza.  Preheat oven to 375.  If you're using a roll-out crust, follow directions on package.  If you're making your own crust, good luck! :)
Begin with refried beans.  Cover crust, leaving the crust exposed.  Add as little or as much as you like.  Then layer with 1 cup salsa.  Add prepared taco meat, spread evenly.  At this point you may add any additional ingredients.  We added chopped onion and green pepper.  I don't like olives, otherwise we would've added those as well for Matt.
Top with cheese.  Bake approximately 17-20 minutes until cheese is melted and all is heated through. 
Top with shredded lettuce and finally, crushed chips.  Serve with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
Delicious and messy!




One more thing:
I forgot to show you my wonderful new purses from my purse party last weekend!  I ended up with 3 new purses and a wallet!
I also bought 2 necklaces, a ring, and a bracelet(not pictured)... I think that is it... :)



LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment