Monday, May 30, 2011

Bacon-Wrapped Smokies

The school year finished up last week and to celebrate I had a few friends over after school for drinks and snacks.  I made a few dips with crackers and the pizza puffs from my Superbowl party post, but I did try a new appetizer.  Turned out well, not too complicated, and who doesn't love bacon???!!! :)

Bacon-Wrapped Wieners (or hot dogs)
1 pkg lil' beef smokies (or you can buy regular hot dogs and cut each into thirds)
16 slices of bacon, cut in half
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper

I prepped these the night before, by cutting the bacon strips, and wrapping half a piece of bacon around one smokie.  Then I placed them seam side down in a container and stored them in the refrigerator over night.
If you're not prepping the night before, then placed the bacon wrapped smokies on a tinfoil lined sheet pan.
Combine the brown sugar and Cayenne in a small bowl.  Roll each wrapped smokie in the sugar mixture until evenly coated.  Place on tinfoil lined pan and cook for 12 minutes at 400 degrees, flip over, and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Serve warm.  I put mine into a small crock pot to keep warm while my friends and I talked and ate.

Fun night and delicious snacks!  Sorry I don't have a picture, guess we were too busy celebrating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment