Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3 of 3 Recipes - Meatball Stroganoff

Finally I am caught up!  I had 3 recipes to add - done!

Last night we got home late because I had my concert.  We we starved and wanted something quick - boom! spaghetti and meatball stroganoff!  I make this one a lot and I don't think Matt "loves" it, but I did make a change to it last night and we thought it was great!  Neither of us likes sour cream, but with cooking it's OK - sometimes.  This change on this recipe is I used the sour cream with chives in place of regular sour cream and I'm NEVER going back!  It was great!  In fact, I'm never buying regular sour cream again, only the kind with chives.

Meatball Stroganoff
1/2 lb spaghetti (we use the whole grain)
3/4 lb frozen cooked Italian meatballs, thawed (Walmart has a bag of these for less than $5 and I use about half the bag for this recipe)
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced or 2-3 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp concentrated au jus sauce (we never have this, so Worcestershire can be substituted)
1/8 Cajun seasoning - I use more like a full tsp. - Do purchase this specific seasoning, don't try to substitute.  I use it a lot more than I thought I would - (great with shrimp!)
1 cup sour cream WITH CHIVES :)

Cook spaghetti according to package.
In a large skillet, saute the meatballs, onion, and garlic in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until meatballs are browned.  Stir in soup, milk, au jus sauce(Worcestershire), and seasoning.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. 
Gradually stir in sour cream and heat through.  I add a little more Cajun seasoning at this time too. 
Drain spaghetti and stir into skillet.
A quick, easy, and delicious recipe - even if the picture may not speak the best about it... :) Another great recipe from Taste of Home - great magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment