Friday, March 25, 2011

Quick Pizza Foldover

This nifty little recipe came out of one of my Taste of Home magazines last summer.  I've made it two different ways.

Beef & Cheese Foldover
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp A.1 Steak Sauce
1/2 cup hot water
2 cups all-purpose baking mix (I use Jiffy)
1 cup shredded cheese, preferably Mexican style
1/2 tsp parsley flakes

Brown meat with onions in large skillet and drain.  Stir in corn, ketchup and steak sauce, set aside.
Add water to baking mix and stir until mixture forms dough.  Shape into ball and place on floured surface - knead 5 times or until smooth and no longer sticky.
Roll into 12-inch circle/  Transfer to baking greased baking sheet. (I used our pizza stone.)
Spoon the meat mixture onto the center of the dough and spread to within 2 inches of the edge.  Fold edges of dough over meat leaving center uncovered.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  Top the filling with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.  Sprinkle with parsley.
I also brushed a little olive oil on the crust when I added the cheese and then sprinkled a little garlic salt and cheese on the crust. 

The first time I made this, I didn't have enough dough rolled out and had very little folded edges so I simply mixed up a little more baking mix and water and covered the entire top.  It was like eating a stuffed pizza!

This second time I made it I did not roll the dough thin enough and it got a little thick.  I also forgot to add the parsley...oh well...
Still a really easy and fairly quick recipe.  You can prep the dough while the meat and onions on cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment