Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fist Pumpin' Dinner

You know Spring is here or coming when there's fresh green beans in the grocery store!
We love sauteed green beans, and they make a perfect side to our favorite roll-ups.

Cheeseburger Roll-ups
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
6 strips bacon, cut into pieces
8 oz Velveeta
1 tub Large Buttermilk Biscuits

How easy are those ingredients??? 
Brown the hamburger in a large skillet with onion and bacon until meat is no longer pink.  Drain.  Add cubed Velveeta and cook until melted, then remove from heat.
Flatten each biscuit, one at a time, to about 5 inch diameter.  Spoon about 3 Tbsp of meat mixture into center of biscuit and roll up.  Place seam-side down on lightly greased sheet pan.
Bake at 400 for about 17 minutes or until golden brown.
EASY AND DELICIOUS!
I like to serve my roll-ups with ranch and/or ketchup.


And then the green beans.
I usually just saute them in a skillet with olive oil and garlic and then add some lemon juice/zest.  But tonight I steamed them for 8 minutes, covered, in a steamer basket.  Then I melted 2 Tbsp butter, some olive oil, and about 3 Tbsp minced garlic in a large skillet until hot and added the beans.  Toss to coat and add a little Italian and Basil seasonings.  So good!

I love that Spring is just around the corner - it means outside running weather!  Already did that twice this week.

Also, I'm going to visit my good friend Kelli this weekend, so there won't be any recipes from me this weekend.  Instead I'm going to enjoy her delicious cooking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment