Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Night Dinner at Home

Yesterday was a lazy Saturday afternoon.  And what did I say I like to do on lazy weekends???  Bake!!!
So I dug through my cookbook and found a recipe from my mom - not from my grandmother, even though that's what it's called - but I'm pretty sure it's a recipe my mom used when we were growing up.

Grandma's Popovers
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup milk

In a bowl, combine flour and salt.  Combine eggs and milk, whisk into dry ingredients just until blended.
Using two 12-cup muffin tins, grease and flour five alternating cups of one tin and four cups of the second tin; fill two-thirds full with batter.  Fill the empty cups two-thirds full with water.  Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 - DO NOT open oven door.  Bake 15 minutes longer or until deep golden brown. (do not under bake)

I did not have a 12-cup muffin tin, I just have 2 6-cup tins.  So, I greased and floured 3 alternating cups of each tin and filled the remaining with water.  I only had to bake an extra 3 in one tin when the first batch was done because this recipe yields 9 popovers.  BE SURE to grease and flour well - they will stick!

Popovers taste best warm and with butter.  So, what I did with some of them when they came out of the oven was brush the top with butter and then I poked a hole in each and dropped a cube of butter in. 
Delicious!!!


I also have to share with you what we had for dinner.
We have some amazing sauces from a company called Garlic Survival - I bought Matt a whole box of different kinds for Christmas and we realized we hadn't used the Garlic "Q" BBQ sauce.
So, Matt grilled a couple of chicken breasts in the Garlic "Q" sauce last night and we served them on a salad.
Again, so delicious!!!


http://www.garlicsurvival.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment